This month I was pleased to learn that our digital marketing and web design team at Wells + Associates received the Web Marketing Association’s 2019 “Best Consulting Website” award. WMA’s WebAwards program “recognizes achievement in the creation of top web sites” and the winner of the 2018 Consulting website award was Accenture.
This award is the culmination of a lot of sustained work by many of us at W+A and at web agency Wood Street Inc., who we chose as our external design firm. Our work included:
- a cost-benefit analysis extending into future years comparing the choices of remaining with our then-current Drupal website or redeveloping on the WordPress platform
- development of an RFP for web design services as well as comparison of small, medium, and large-size design firms
- a wireframe and conceptual process that took its cue from the strategic requirements of the firm’s marketing committee
- development of an “evolutionary” design that retained elements of the current website while conforming to the firm’s corporate style sheet
- inclusion of technical and SEO standards with the goals of improved “findability” by our target markets and conformance to SEO best practices
- an improved web hosting environment
Development of great digital products and websites is a challenge and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to serve as project lead for this web design effort. It is an honor to be part of a great team, both within our company where I serve as digital marketing strategist and with our external design colleagues at Wood Street.